Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sober Day #21- That's right, Three Weeks!!

I'm settling in to this new way of life, and I'm curious- to see how things will go from here.  For so many years my metabolism has been ruled by processing all the alcohol first- perhaps it will be easier to drop a percentage point or two in body fat?  I've been stuck at 24% for about 3 years, and would dearly love to get under 20%.

My anxiety levels have dropped, and the quality and quantity of my sleep has increased dramatically.  Surely this is accompanied by a significant drop in cortisol levels.  I keep staring at my face in the mirror to see if it looks any different.  Is it my imagination?  Or is my complexion a bit brighter, a bit healthier looking?

As I mentioned yesterday, the more dramatic changes in how I feel that happened during my first week have settled down now, and I am in a holding pattern- which is overall pretty good.  This allows me to direct more of my energy toward strategizing new behaviour patterns to work on developing to support me in this sober life.

One foot in front of the other, again and again.  It is working for now.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on three weeks!! It does get better, doesn't it?

    Blessings,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Goodness that it does, Paul!! And thank your for 'visiting' me!!

      Delete

I'd love to hear about your journey, and hear your take on my journey. Comments are very welcome!!