Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Day # 8- Why Now?


Why now as a time to quit?  Why not tomorrow, or last year, or next month?  Here's my reason:

I've always excused my excessive wine intake by remembering that I never drive after drinking, and never let drinking affect my work.  

About a week ago, I had a dreadful night.  Insomnia, a nightmare, staring at the ceiling for hours.  About 3 AM I gave up and got up.  Frustrated and mad, I drank a (large) glass of wine- and finally fell asleep again.  Naturally enough, I overslept.  I bolted out of bed and slammed out the door on my way to work.

It wasn't 'til evening that I realized I'd undoubtedly had alcohol in my system on my drive to work and for at least the first part of my morning.  Both of my alcohol Red Lines, transgressed in a single morning.  Whoa!  Time to do something very different- and taking a nice long vacation from alcohol seemed like an obvious next step.

I found Belle's 100 day challenge, and signing up for that seemed like a good idea.  So here I am, a little over a week from my last drink.  I think I can do this.  I'm not sure what I will do after 100 days, but I'm in for making it to 100.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Good for you on getting started towards 100 days! It is a good goal to have, no matter what you decide to do afterwards. xx - Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks, Jen. I kinda know that alcohol and I need to part ways for good, and I really don't like that thought. I will be thinking a lot about that over these 100 days. Your presence and kindness mean a lot to me!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear about your journey, and hear your take on my journey. Comments are very welcome!!