Friday, February 14, 2014

Sober Day #108- Unexpected help

A few days ago I was sitting around home feeling a bit out of sorts.  It was about 5 PM, the time in the past that would have meant wine, and I think I was longing for that a bit.  I wasn't grumpy, nor depressed, just feeling sort of disconnected from everything, and really, wondering why I was bothering with this whole sobriety stuff.

I noticed a tune in the background.  15-year-old daughter keeps her radio on constantly in her room, and I have by now learned to pretty much relegate it background noise and ignore it.  But this one caught my attention.  I realized it was Carry On, my theme for abstinence.  And so I shall.

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Onwards and Happy Valentine's to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every bit of help is appreciated, including your gracious comments!

      Delete

I'd love to hear about your journey, and hear your take on my journey. Comments are very welcome!!